You may remember last year when I resolved to make 2013 my bitch. Looking back, I wish I would have printed this out and put it on my bathroom mirror, because it is a pretty good recipe for success. Just in case you missed it, the cliff notes version of making any year your bitch are as follows:
- Let it go. Leave the proverbial baggage in the previous year.
- Stop holding yourself back. Do the things you are intimidated by.
- Your health, both mental and physical, is more important that any other person, job or obligation.
- Be honest in everything you do.
- Love. If everything you do sprouts from love, your life will yield endless blessings.
Well, if I had to chose a word for 2014 it would be: EXPERIENCE or maybe Fearless. In 2014 I plan to have one hell of an epic year. Now is the time for me to go out and experience all that life has to offer! How am I going to do that? By trying at least one new thing every month!
Too often I have held myself back because of fear of failure or worrying what other people might think. In 2014, that changes.
What’s on the list so far? In no particular order:
- Get a tattoo- yes I already know what I want, and I’ve been considering it for over a year.
- Start my own business- Woohoo
- Visit Chicago- one of the only major cities I have never been to!
- Learn to snowboard
- Go to a music festival- Country Thunder, I will see you in April!
- Learn to paddle board
- Volunteer for habitat for humanity
- Learn to ride a bike
- Go skydiving- um terrified, but strangely excited
- Run a half marathon
- Join a networking group
- Take a new class