For Christmas and special days, I like to make a super delicious, super tedious breakfast casserole. It’s delicious but takes at least 2 hours to make and has to sit in the fridge overnight. Ugh! A couple months ago I learned how to make this super easy and almost as delicious version, including cooking time, this one takes 45 minutes or so. I like to throw it together while I am making dinner because I am not a morning person!! Ready for some deliciousness? I thought so!
A square glass baking dish
1 Package of crescent rolls
1/3 cup of Milk (not pictured)
1/2 cup of cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
A pile of breakfast meat, I chose sausage.
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spread out the crescent rolls so that they cover the whole glass baking dish, you may have to tear some off and patch up some spots. Oh, go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you’re at it.
2. Cook up the breakfast meat of choice and the onions. The smell will be mildly intoxicating!
3. Add the onion and meat mixture to the glass dish and sprinkle some of the cheese on top.
4. Mix together the eggs and the milk. Add some salt and pepper. I like to do this while listening to Salt N Pepper, but that is just personal preference.
5. Pour the mixture over the top of the dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6. Then roll the sides of the crescent roll down to form a ridge. This won’t make it taste and better, I think it just looks prettier, and I’m all for pretty food!
7. Remember how you preheated the oven? Go ahead and pop this sucker in for 30-45 minutes. You’ll be able to tell its done when the sides are golden and the middle isn’t all wibbly-wobbly. This is pretty scientific, so I won’t blame you if it’s a little wibbly-wobbly your first time.
8. Let cool and serve. See, I told you the edges look pretty!
If you’re like me and you hate waking up early just to feed yourself, this is the perfect solution. It lasts me all week and I just pop a piece in the microwave each morning. Delightfully Delectable!