I have a little obsession with eyelashes. I envy people with long think lashes. Sadly, I was not blessed with long or thick lashes. Mine are short and thin. I have worn falsies for special events for years, but the idea of wearing them daily, always seemed excessive. Then I noticed some of the most envied women wear false eyelashes every day. In fact, some of the ladies I stalk on Facebook because they have seemingly perfect lives and never take a bad picture, also wear fake lashes! I checking out the lashes of beautiful women in grocery stores, the mall and even the gym. Many of them were in fact wearing lashes, that only the trained eye would notice. You should know, training your eye to find the imposter lashes can cause you to look at people for really awkward lengths of time! So about 2 months ago, I decided to start wearing false lashes, except when i press snooze too many times. Look at the difference!
You can choose natural looking strips, thicker more obvious ones or individual lashes! Here are a few tips I’ve learned from friends, celebrities and other blogs and tutorials!
Tips for easy and successful eyelash applications
- Before you apply them, make sure you measure the lash against your eye to check for fit and cut it to size.
- Flex and bend the lash band around your finger for 30 seconds or so to make it flexible so you’ll have an easier application where the lashes will follow the natural curves of your eyes
- The type of eyelash glue you use will make or break your application. Dont waste your time with the tube that comes with the lashes. I like Duo Lash Glue, the kind that drys dark. The only thing is, you have to be careful not to get any extra glue anywhere. If you are nervous about the glue, try the clear drying kind first. Either way, do yourself a favor and but the glue separate from the lashes. yes it costs more, but it is absolutely worth it!
- Apply your makeup first, including eyeliner and mascara.
- Apply a thin layer of the lash glue directly onto the lash band and wait 20-30 seconds for it to slightly dry and become tacky. Then it’s ready to be applied to eyes.
- I use my fingers to place the lashes and the back-end of the tweezers to press them down into my lash line.
- Use liquid or cream eyeliner again after application to hide the edges/ends of the false lashes by extending the line slightly beyond the ends of the eye.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your real and false lashes so they blend in together, but wait until the glue is completely dry to do so. Only use mascara if you do not plan to use the lashes again.
- Your eyes may feel slightly weird initially as there is now a foreign object fluttering against it but if you applied the lashes right, it should not hurt or feel uncomfortable.
- To remove, use lash remover if possible. or you can lightly pull from the outer corner. carefully remove any residual glue.
- Store them in the container they came in. If you care for your lashes, you can make them last for about 4 uses.
- If you do wear lashes daily, figure out what brand and styles you like. You can bulk order them online and get them for around $2 a pair.
I hope this has helped! If the strips are too hard for you to apply, start out with unknotted individual lashes. They are easier to apply and allow you to add volume where you’d like!